I haven’t posted on here lately. I’m sorry I’m being such a slacker. But I’ve been on other social media: Facebook, Twitter, Discord, etc. So yeah, I’m around, just not on here. LOL. Feel free to look at my other links (if they still work). You can also see what I’ve been reading lately.
Single Mom For The Week…
…and I survived. I need a t-shirt now (?).
What once was super stressful for me to even consider 5 years ago, being a single mom for the week when my hubby went out of town for work wasn’t so bad as I thought it would be.
- I have older kids now, and the only thing I have to be concerned about is my little “three-nager”.
- My babysitter for 10 years is heaven-sent, though she couldn’t watch the three-nager for 1 day.
- Ability to work-from-home on the 1 day my babysitter isn’t available. (Thank you, boss!!)
- Neighbors with same aged kids as mine who were willing to look after them today (no school due to Memorial Day weekend).
Though it wasn’t so bad, I just hope it will not be an everyday thing (*virtually glares at hubby who isn’t here yet till tonight*), but at least I’m happy to know that we can adjust when these things have to happen.
How to work from home and look good doing it – Office Blogs
Telecommuting offers wonderful benefits, but it’s not without its problems. Discover ways to increase mobile productivity, communication and engagement.
Source: How to work from home and look good doing it – Office Blogs
Lately, I’ve Been
It’s been a while since I posted anything here. I’m more active in sharing tidbits of thoughts in Twitter, or sharing some funny or thought-provoking pictures/posts in Facebook. If I post a picture up, it will usually be through Instagram (then fed through my Twitter feed) for insta-memorable moments, or Facebook for full-on albums.
Things I’ve been posting here lately are cool technology or interesting gadgets. I’m such a gadget whore. I can’t get enough of it. Thankfully, though, I’ve been keeping myself in check in not getting overboard (but oops! guilty: recently backed this).
However, I figured I should post more here. It would be a waste if I didn’t do anything with this site much, right?
I guess I can start with what’s been happening lately. You probably remember about my promotion last year in July. It’s been going steadily, though our application still hasn’t gone live company-wide. Lots of assessments, tweaks, and the three major reasons: compliance, governance, and budget. I learned these three big words from working on one single application to implement (another big word for me) for the whole company. This is a big deal, though. Such a huge undertaking to be had. This will change the whole company’s thought processes on how we collaborate and work. I’m even praying that I will be able to work from home full-time. Maybe.
So I’m doing all these meetings, doing all these testing, doing work, and everything. Right? Busy? Yes, sometimes. There is, of course, a lull once in a while right now because we are still in the planning process. However, my boss (manager) doesn’t think I’m doing enough. I don’t “have enough drive”. I’m not doing as much as my counterpart (there are two of us in the team) does.
What does he know? My co-worker has 8 years of experience in this. I have only 6 months experience in a product that was only introduced to me in passing due to issues of it when I was in customer support.
What does he know? He tells me he’s helping me get my foot in the door. Okay, so he did get my foot in the door, but c’mon now, give me some slack. I’m still learning. Heck, I don’t even have formal training in this. Send me somewhere where I can get validated.
I’m not aggressive. I do the work on what I’m handed to do. I accomplish things. I’m not just slacking off and doing nothing. I just do my job too fast.
Another thing there: too fast. I came from a world of customer support in the IT world, where “fast” is always the go-to thing we have to do to help the customer. I’m not used to wait-a-week-or-so-before-you-finish regimen when I can do it in less than five minutes. My philosophy was always “Work first, play later.” and from my husband, “Why let someone else do it, when you can do it yourself.”
I do things fast when I know I can do it that fast. It’s just to hard to go slow. But I have to do it. I have to be PC (politically correct), too. I can’t step on anyone’s toes. I have to wait for someone else to do what I could probably do. It’s hard, and it’s quite an adjustment, but I have to — no, will — do it. I’m just going to have to grit my teeth and bear it.
I do admit, there is a lesson on easing off on projects and waiting for a while. I’ve learned a few hard lessons on that, actually. So, it does pay off, and I won’t get my ass handed to me. I just have to slow down…and be zen.
I guess this post turned into a work rant. Heh. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. I feel a bit better now. I’ll just stop now and go back to work.
Wide Path Camper
Hm, maybe Lucien can convince me to use this… ;)
The Wide Path Camper is a foldable two-person camper than can compact to half the size during transport, making it towable using a regular bicycle.
Source: Wide Path Camper
Had another interesting dream, but I don’t have too many details. In summary, my dream had:
- Conspiracy within a church I attended (not necessarily my current church in reality).
- A big pirate-type ship but with invisible sails and equipment. The only thing visible was the ship frame. Incidentally, this ship was the one the good guys used (police enforcement, FBI, etc.)
- There was this criminal that got on the good guys ship without knowing who ran the ship. The captain of the ship recognized the criminal and held him for questioning.
- Running away on a horse and I had a mask on to hide my identity. I had to go through a lot of hurdles and escape routes (this was part of the conspiracy theme).
- Locking my room door (in a house of the same questionable church) making sure no one went in without my knowledge.
- I had an ally I was talking to about this conspiracy but I don’t remember who it was.
- Eating at a long table with church members and being on my guard. I remember the food were some barbecued meat, rice and beans. I saw some fish somewhere I couldn’t reach. There was a cute small dog lying on the bench I was sitting beside its owner, and when I petted it, it almost slid off to the floor and I caught it in time.
That’s all I can think of, I think. Go and analyze! :)
Won A New Site!
So, my favorite web host did a contest of free domain and hosting for a year, and guess what? I won!! So now, I introduce to you my new site for a year, or should I decide to continue on: buhay.co :D Of course, I don’t have anything in there yet, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!
Raining and Testing
It’s raining hard in Carrollton. And testing #IFTTT again. Ha. #sorrynotsorry
Ugh, power is out. For about a couple of hours. It’s raining outside. ….And just now, the power turned on. Lol. ….Aaaaand, it turned back off. Le sigh.
Day 1 Done
First day of 3-week #SharePoint sessions done. Had very good stuff. More good stuff tomorrow. #werk #heighho